|*FILM & TV MEMORABILIA WORTH OVER $12 MILLION – INCLUDING A ONE-OF-A-KIND PRINCESS LEIA (CARRIE FISHER) DRESS FROM STAR WARS, A MOTORCYCLE OWNED BY STEVE MCQUEEN’S PRODUCTION COMPANY & A SHIELD USED BY BRAD PITT IN TROY – ARE TO BE SOLD BY PROPSTORE IN ONE OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST MEMORABILIA AUCTIONS THIS JUNE*
PROPSTORE WILL BE AUCTIONING OVER 1,400 UNIQUE & ORIGINAL ITEMS IN ONE OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST LIVE AUCTIONS OF FILM & TV MEMORABILIA BETWEEN JUNE 28th – 30th 2023, INCLUDING:
A ONE-OF-A-KIND CEREMONIAL DRESS WORN BY PRINCESS LEIA (CARRIE FISHER) IN STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE (1977) EST. $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
THE HERO BATPOD USED BY BATMAN (CHRISTIAN BALE) IN THE DARK KNIGHT (2008) AND THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012), EST. $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
A SCREEN-MATCHED EVIL CLOWN DOLL FROM STEVEN SPIELBERG’S HORROR CLASSIC POLTERGEIST (1982), EST. $200,000 – $400,000
ICONIC PROPS FROM MODERN HITS, SUCH AS PETER QUILL’S (CHRIS PRATT) LIGHT-UP “STAR-LORD” HELMET FROM GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2014), EST. $100,000 – $200,000
HARRY POTTER’S (DANIEL RADCLIFFE) COSTUME, INCLUDING HIS FAMOUS GLASSES, FROM HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS (2002), EST. $75,000 – $150,000
ACHILLES’ (BRAD PITT) SHIELD FROM TROY (2004), EST. $30,000 – $60,000
ANDY DUFRESNE’S (TIM ROBBINS) DISTRESSED ROCK HAMMER FROM THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (1994), EST. $50,000 – $100,000 – ONE OF ONLY THREE MADE FOR THE FILM
Film and TV memorabilia worth over $12 million, will be auctioned by Propstore in a three-day auction from June 28th – 30th 2023.
Bids can be placed in online, over the phone, or via absentee bidding. In addition, in-room bidding will be open to the public at The Petersen Automotive Museum on the first day of the event on June 28th.
Last year’s US auction saw a Screen-Matched ILM Red Leader X-wing Model Miniature from Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) sell for $2,375,000 (inclusive of buyer’s premium).
Propstore, one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies, has today announced it will hold its annual live auction of film and TV memorabilia this June, with the items on offer expected to fetch over $12 million.
Over 1,400 rare and iconic lots will be sold during Propstore’s unique Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction over three days from Wednesday 28th to Friday 30th June 2023 from 8AM PDT each day. Registration is now open at https://propstore.com/liveauction. Online proxy bids can be submitted from May 31st, 2023. In-room bidding will be open to the public at The Petersen Automotive Museum, Los Angeles on June 28th. Online and telephone bids can be placed across the whole event.
Top items to be sold at the Propstore auction (with estimated sale prices) include:
- Princess Leia’s (Carrie Fisher) Screen-and-Photo Matched Ceremonial Dress from STAR WARS: EPISODE IV – A NEW HOPE (1977), est. $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- Batman’s (Christian Bale) Batpod from THE DARK KNIGHT (2008) AND THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012), est. $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- Screen-Matched Evil Clown Doll from POLTERGEIST (1982), est. $200,000 – $400,000
- Peter Quill’s (Chris Pratt) Light-Up “Star-Lord” Helmet from GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2014), est. $100,000 – $200,000
- Norris (Charles Hallahan) Spider Head-Thing from THE THING (1982), est. $100,000 – $200,000
- Rose DeWitt Bukater’s (Kate Winslet) Sinking Coat from TITANIC (1997), est. $100,000 – $200,000
- General Maximus’ (Russell Crowe) Screen-Matched Dress Cuirass from GLADIATOR (2000), est. $80,000 – $160,000
- Rick Deckard’s (Harrison Ford) Screen-and-Photo Matched Costume from Voight Kampff and Batty Fight Scenes from BLADE RUNNER (1982), est. $80,000 – $160,000
- Harry Potter’s (Daniel Radcliffe) Distressed Costume with Glasses from HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS (2002), est. $75,000 – $150,000
- Kevin Costner-Autographed Screen-Matched Ray Kinsella Baseball Glove and Related Materials from FIELD OF DREAMS (1989), est. $70,000 – $140,000
- Mario Kirner Collection: Jason Voorhees’ (Kane Hodder) Screen-Matched Hockey Mask from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD (1988), est. $60,000 – $120,000
- Jane Foster’s (Natalie Portman) and Thor’s (Chris Hemsworth) Cracked Mjolnir Hammer from THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER (2022), est. $60,000 – $120,000
- Andy Dufresne’s (Tim Robbins) Distressed Rock Hammer from THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (1994), est. $50,000 – $100,000
- Steve McQueen Production Company 1971 Husqvarna 400 Cross Motorcycle from SOLAR PRODUCTIONS est. $50,000 – $100,000
- William Wallace’s (Mel Gibson) Scottish Claymore Sword from BRAVEHEART (1995), est. $50,000 – $100,000
- Batman’s (Michael Keaton) Batsuit Costume Display from BATMAN (1989), est. $40,000 – $80,000
- Al Pacino’s Personal Hand-annotated Shooting Script from SCARFACE (1983), est. $40,000 – $80,000
- Achilles’ (Brad Pitt) Shield from TROY (2004), est. $30,000 – $60,000
- Pete “Maverick” Mitchell’s (Tom Cruise) F-14A Tomcat Model Miniature from TOP GUN (1986), est. $8,000 -$16,000
- The Dude’s (Jeff Bridges) Screen-Matched Sunglasses from THE BIG LEBOWSKI (1998), est. $5,000 – $10,000
- Propstore’s auction is suitable for fans with a variety of budgets. Some of the least expensive lots in the auction include Jacques Grande’s (Justin Timberlake) Hockey Jersey from THE LOVE GURU (2008), est. $800 – $1,600, Pat’s (Bradley Cooper) Costume from SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK (2012), est. £800 – $1,600 and Paul Brenner’s (John Travolta) Army Dress Uniform Costume from THE GENERAL’S DAUGHTER (1999), est. $1,200 – $2,400.
- Propstore will hold a preview exhibition at their office facility in Valencia, California by appointment from May 29th to June 20th. The exhibition will feature over 80 lots, giving fans the opportunity to see props and costumes from the auction up close and ask questions to the specialists.
Visit propstore.com/liveauction to make a viewing