View this post on Instagram
“It has now emerged that he will not be able to return to film Star Wars: Episode VII for six months as he needs rehab treatment for his left limb, which was fixed with a number of metal plates during surgery this week. A source tells Britain’s The Sun newspaper, “Shooting is continuing, but Harrison won’t be back for months… the film company is looking into extending filming well into the second half of this year to allow Ford time to get back on his feet.” Ford is still receiving treatment at a hospital in England but will fly back to Los Angeles with his actress wife Calista Flockhart to work with a physiotherapist, according to editors at the publication.”
No official word from Disney or Ford, story developing…
Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in the injury he suffered while shooting the new Star Wars film, the US actor’s publicist has confirmed. It was previously believed the 71-year-old had broken an ankle in an incident involving a door at Pinewood Studios on 12 June. “His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly,” continued Ina Treciokas in a statement. “He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work.”
Full story at BBC.com
New details on the 71-year-old actor’s ankle injury he suffered on the set of “Star Wars: Episode VII” on Thursday. Access spoke to Harrison’s son, Ben Ford, who said that his dad will possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle. The actor’s son also speculated that filming of the J.J. Abrams movie could be altered slightly, with the crew needing to shoot the actor from the waist up for a short time until he recovers.
George Lucas has dropped a bombshell on Star Wars fans by revealing that Harrison Ford wanted his character, Han Solo, to be killed off during The Empire Strikes Back.
The 70-year-old – who created the Star Wars franchise – admitted the actor kept asking for his character to die during the fifth instalment after he was frozen and sealed in carbonite and delivered to Jabba the Hutt.
‘Harrison kept yelling through the whole thing, “Kill me! Kill me! Kill me!”, Lucas recalled.
‘I said, “Harrison, I can’t kill you. I need you at the end of the next movie. There’s this love thing going on. But I’ll do the next best thing. I’ll put you in a slab of concrete and ship you off to Mars”, he told Empire.
We bet he’s glad that he wasn’t now, as although Lucas has since sold the franchise to Disney, Ford, along with other members of the original Star Wars cast such as Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, are due to appear in the upcoming Star Wars Episode 7.